Auto Door Lock Problem

bcarson

Had my 04 ES330 for about a month and I can't seem to re-program the auto unlock function. It is set to unlock all doors when the shifter is moved to park. It is my wife's car and she parks in a parking garage at night and doesn't want all the doors unlocking when she puts the car in park.

So I followed instructions to change to all doors unlock when drivers door is opened - turned ignition to "On", shifted to neutral, held back of unlock button for 5 seconds and ..... nothing. I understand that the doors should unlock and lock to show that the new program worked but nothing happens and the doors still unlock when shifting to park. Am I missing something?

Thanks

• 7 months later...
Had my 04 ES330 for about a month and I can't seem to re-program the auto unlock function. It is set to unlock all doors when the shifter is moved to park. It is my wife's car and she parks in a parking garage at night and doesn't want all the doors unlocking when she puts the car in park.

So I followed instructions to change to all doors unlock when drivers door is opened - turned ignition to "On", shifted to neutral, held back of unlock button for 5 seconds and ..... nothing. I understand that the doors should unlock and lock to show that the new program worked but nothing happens and the doors still unlock when shifting to park. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Does ANYONE have the answer to this problem? I want to do the same thing, but backwards, so when I shift INTO park it UNLOCKS all doors, instead of just unlocking driver's side door...

If it is the same as my mom's 2005 , I believe this is a function only a dealer can change. You might call your nearest dealer and ask. It should only take about 5 mins, and most should do it for free.

I'm not sure what planet you are living on, but most dealers on Earth charge a fee for any service that they perform on your car. Our local dealer has a programming rate and it most certainly isn't free. If you buy a new or used car from the dealer and ask for these settings to be made at the time of purchase that's one thing, but good luck getting that for free after the fact.