Is300 Sport Cross Rear Wiper Question

spoddle

So I searched extensively and only found info on buying replacement inserts... which doesn't address my current issue. I have a 2002 IS300 sport cross wagon which was badly in need of a new rear wiper. I went to the Lexus dealership and picked up a new replacement wiper insert for roughly $5. Not bad considering I needed it immediately for a trip up the east coast. After installing the wiper insert I noticed that it was extremely flexible and would only clean the area where the wiper was pressing down (3 diagonal sweeping lines).

My question is for those of you with a sport cross wagon, was I supposed to swap over some metal strip to give the new insert less flex? I can take pics if you guys want. Right now I'm stumped as to what part or wiper insert I should have purchased. The kicker is that I threw out the old wiper before I could compare it. :cries:

You threw away the two metal stiffeners? Cool!

You can see them in this illustration: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2002_LEXU...WAVFA_8502.html

I wonder if you will have to buy a new wiper blade to get another set of metal stiffeners. The two metal stiffeners usually don't come with a wiper blade insert -- at least not from Toyota/Lexus.

Don't use the rear wiper until you get this fixed -- you could easily scratch the rear window.

You threw away the two metal stiffeners? Cool!

You can see them in this illustration: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2002_LEXU...WAVFA_8502.html

I wonder if you will have to buy a new wiper blade to get another set of metal stiffeners. The two metal stiffeners usually don't come with a wiper blade insert -- at least not from Toyota/Lexus.

Don't use the rear wiper until you get this fixed -- you could easily scratch the rear window.

Thanks for the parts list. I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new wiper blade. :(

• 2 weeks later...