A Few Questions With My New 09 Pebble Beach

I just bought the 09 Pebble Beach edition and very hapy with it. I do have a few questions though:

1. It seems like the sensitivity of the light sensor is not as I want it to be, the last few days it didn't turn off the light even though the sun was up (7:30am). I had to turn off manually and turn it back to AUTO a few times. I'd like to know if any of you did the personalize for light sensor and what setting did you do? If I want it to turn off the light a little bit sooner, what setting do I use (normal is default)

2. Did you do the liftgate personalize as well? The default is to open the gate without assist if open the liftgate without using the remote or the inside button. Any downside if I choose to have it power if I open manually?

More to come as I only have the car for a few weeks...

Thanks

You owe yourself a trip to the Lexus.com site!

From there, create a login in the Owner's section. When you input your VIN, you will have access to all kinds of cool stuff like your owners manual online, the ability to order a free replacement of your manual if you ever lose it, your service history is there for reference as well. Also, you will find a link to the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) for your car and you can print it out. Then, as you determine which settings would work best for you, mark them on the sheet and take it to the Dealer when you go in for your 1k service. They will change those settings for you, one of which is the light sensor sensitivity.

Congrats on your new RX!

You owe yourself a trip to the Lexus.com site!

From there, create a login in the Owner's section. When you input your VIN, you will have access to all kinds of cool stuff like your owners manual online, the ability to order a free replacement of your manual if you ever lose it, your service history is there for reference as well. Also, you will find a link to the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) for your car and you can print it out. Then, as you determine which settings would work best for you, mark them on the sheet and take it to the Dealer when you go in for your 1k service. They will change those settings for you, one of which is the light sensor sensitivity.

Congrats on your new RX!

Thanks for the reply. So far I enjoy driving it very much. My purpose is to ask any menber here if they have any minuses doing those personalized options I mentioned. I already have an account with lexus.com and ordered my pbe free stuff. I plan to do those options but hope to get inputs before doing it.

We purchased a 2009 RX350 in December. We noticed the same thing. The instrument lighting and nav system are reluctant to transfer to daylight mode after the sun comes up even though there is direct sunlight on the vehicle. Last week the dealer changed the sensitivity setting but I do not know if this is going to help.

The instrument lighting and headlights change modes in unison in our 2002 RX300. However, in our new RX350, even though there appears to be a single sensor, the headlights seem to have a different setpoint for changing modes than does the instrument/nav lighting. In the evening, the headlights seem to turn on earlier now and also turn on before the instrument/nav lighting changes to night mode. I have not yet driven the car through sunrise so I do not yet know if this setting change will help the problem.