Buying Used 2006 Gs300

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, newbie here. Want to join the GS family. Can you help me out with this one?

http://www.lexusofrvc.com/VehicleDetails/375718233

How much should I offer the dealer? Should I bother go for CPO? They want $17 to certify it. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Steve

You might be able to get them to lower the price a little bit, but if you ask me, the price is pretty dead on for the number of miles on the car. KBB on this same vehicle, in excellent condition, with 51k miles is just over $28k...with my zip code entered.

As for CPO, I purchased mine as a CPO simply because they have a warranty up to 100k miles, which is great piece of mind. Not bumper to bumper, mind you, but it's nice knowing that I have some coverage on the drive train.

--Duckman

Hi everyone, newbie here. Want to join the GS family. Can you help me out with this one?

http://www.lexusofrvc.com/VehicleDetails/375718233

How much should I offer the dealer? Should I bother go for CPO? They want $17 to certify it. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Steve

You might be able to get them to lower the price a little bit, but if you ask me, the price is pretty dead on for the number of miles on the car. KBB on this same vehicle, in excellent condition, with 51k miles is just over $28k...with my zip code entered.

As for CPO, I purchased mine as a CPO simply because they have a warranty up to 100k miles, which is great piece of mind. Not bumper to bumper, mind you, but it's nice knowing that I have some coverage on the drive train.

--Duckman

I have to say that the prices quoted here are still higher than you can find in the Dallas area. I bought my 06 GS 300 (Nav, no ML) with 30k miles, and a "clean" carfax, for $24,000 from a local used car dealership about 9 months ago. I noticed the driver's seat wasnt cooling and a Lexus dealership determined there was no cooling unit in the seat. I went back to the lot and they cut me a check for $2000! So technically I bought the car for $22k. In my area, you can find an average deal for about $24k or better.

Side note: I have been so pleased with Sewell in Dallas. They have taken care of my car and every nuance or complaint I have had with the car. Thsi includes the creeky dash and wind sounds through the doors and suunroof. I just purchased the extended warranty as I drive around 20k miles a year. I researched the heck out of extended warranties before doing so. Stick with the facotry EW. As GS owners know, once you are in a GS, you won't drive anything else!

I just put a deposit on this one http://www.lexusoffreehold.com/VehicleDetails/414352363 for $34.5k. What do you guys think? KBB said this one without navigation but low 18K, the private excellent is almost $35k. I appropriate any comments.

The car looks really sharp. Low miles and appears to be CPO so you get a nice extended warranty....not to mention the balance of the manufacturers warranty. That should be a fun ride for years to come.

Congrats! :cheers:

--Duckman

As of 3 days ago I am a proud owner of a 2006 GS300. I also had been looking for ~2-3 mos for the "deal". I found one loaded (Nav, parking sensors, ML, etc) with 44,000 miles for $24,800. My question is...should I have paid a little extra for an certified pre-owned, or did I save enough $$ to cover any (hopefully rare) issues I may have?

I got a quote for $1500 from the suggested person on this site for the Lexus Platinum warranty. The question is... Am I going to need that much worth in repairs over the next 3 years? What to do, what to do?