Fed Up With Lexus

bochik

:angry: I dont think there are going to be any more lexus in my driveway, specially RX 300"s. The dealers are too pricey on their repair work, transmissions dont give good service, way too many electrical glitches, and very hard to work on. see the world today in a chevrolet!

Too bad, i will admit I lost my transmission, but otherwise it has been a great car. As for repairs, get a hold of yourself, it is expensive everywhere, every brand. You might try a toyota dealership or a toyotas only independent. You will find it cheaper and they have a lot more experience with older used lexus and toyotas so they see the problems faster and usually can fix them cheaper. Otherwise drive the car of your choice, but beware they are mechanical and will have problems. I own two fords and a Lexus, and my friend has all GMC (car and truck) and I will tell you his had more problems than mine, and the parts arent cheap there. If you do your research you can find parts for your Lexus a lot cheaper at places like Rockauto.com or Lexus of Plano TEXAS, etc....Good luck and welcome to a forum that can save you money as well as time. Lots of experienced people here....

yeah, I see your point lenore, had just gotten off phone with lexus of austin and was feeling kinda moody, LOL. Its my wifes car and i guess its a pretty good one, I just wasnt ready to have trans. problems right now, guess theres no good time for that anyway. I have a 93 chevy Z-71 i bought brand new and its got 250,000 miles on it now, 350 TBI, and its never had any trans. work,(automatic overdrive). Its never even had a valve cover off, I think it spoiled me. I drive an 04 chevy aveo to work every day, (64 miles one way). I ignored GM reccomendation on replacing timing belt at 60,000 miles and it slipped in the parking lot after work one day while cranking it, I was really lucky on that one, just towed it home and replaced it, no engine damage, if i had been at cruise speed, can you imagine where the valves would be now? LOL. I will replace it on time now, wound up costing bout 600.00 just for parts, idlers, water pump, belt, tensioner, etc. I have had it changed on wifes rx though. Anyway, thanks for input and have a good day.

I was two states away, when my tranny went, like you said not a good time....I tried to have it flushed but it was taost... drove it home in 3rd gear, long drive, very nerve racking, so have been there done that. Lexus soaked me for $4300 and then it had to be done again, the replacement was defective along with the idiots in the Roseville,Lexus dealership. Second tranny was and has been fine. I would have taken it to an independent if I had known Lexus wasnt going to give me any assistance. Good luck