Problem Starting....

weirdest thing happened today...i have a 99 GS300, when i got in my car this morning to go to work it would not start! it sounded like it wanted to kick over, but it wouldnt. it took about 4 tries of 30 seconds plus (cranking normally each time) before it decided to kick over. when it finally started it was running great like usual. no check engine lights...etc. when i left the office this evening i got in and it started right up, no problems. have any of you guys ever experienced this? if not does anyone know what it could possibly be?

i could only come up with the following 2 explanations:

1. i have not driven the car since friday, and im in NY...its been very cold out.

2. i have always run 93 octane, but on the way home from work on friday the gas station i went to ran out of super, and plus so i threw $10 regular in.

would any of those 2 reasons have an effect on what i experienced? anyones input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

weirdest thing happened today...i have a 99 GS300, when i got in my car this morning to go to work it would not start! it sounded like it wanted to kick over, but it wouldnt. it took about 4 tries of 30 seconds plus (cranking normally each time) before it decided to kick over. when it finally started it was running great like usual. no check engine lights...etc. when i left the office this evening i got in and it started right up, no problems. have any of you guys ever experienced this? if not does anyone know what it could possibly be?

1. i have not driven the car since friday, and im in NY...its been very cold out.

2. i have always run 93 octane, but on the way home from work on friday the gas station i went to ran out of super, and plus so i threw $10 regular in.

would any of those 2 reasons have an effect on what i experienced? anyones input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

FYI, Lexus states this is normal!

kind of a strange thing to hear!

the service manager stated that "the compound" the fuel injectors are made out of starts to crystalize, not freeze...crystalize in cold temps. and given the fact the car was not started in 3 days, he says "it will take a min or two of cranking to start"

i'm no moron when it comes to cars, i have a 9 second mustang i built completely by myself...i have never heard anything like this before :huh:

thanks

the service manager stated that "the compound" the fuel injectors are made out of starts to crystalize, not freeze...crystalize in cold temps. and given the fact the car was not started in 3 days, he says "it will take a min or two of cranking to start"

i'm no moron when it comes to cars, i have a 9 second mustang i built completely by myself...i have never heard anything like this before :huh:

I am have a similar problem, might be the crank position sensor or wire harness.

thanks

I am have a similar problem, might be the crank position sensor or wire harness.

as i stated above, lexus says this is normal in extremely cold temps when the car has not been started for 2 or more days