Actuators?

PattyAL

Hello! I've been having trouble with the door locks, windows, and alarm on my Lexus RX 300 1999. The door locks work intermittantly. The window switch makes the windows work sometimes. The alarm goes off by itself!! And the only way I can turn off the alarm is to turn the car on. My mechanic says that the drivers master switch is bad, and the drivers door lock actuator is not working. While I trust my mechanic completely, he says the cost is over $400 for just the parts!! I would think that I could get the parts online somehow! Anybody have any advice or suggestions? I sure would appreciate any help at all! Thank you! :)

Patty,

$400 does not sound all that bad for the replacement parts, but if you feel like that is too much, you could try asking your mechanic if he can find any used ones from a salvage yard. They will probably be much cheaper. Rich Industries is a good place if you do not have a salvage yard with Lexus cars locally. Their web address is www.rich-industries.com

NEED HELP, replaced LF outside handle, and broke relay rod from handle to latch, how do I replace the rod? not listed in tutorials? any help?

Stay cool, think this might help you out:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorhandle.html