Help With Dest Bypass Switch Needed

I have a 06 LX470 with generation 4 navigation unit. I have given up on making the hybrid DVD with 5.1 & 8.1 map versions after several failed attempts. I haven't seen where anyone else has been successful with this combination on the Gen 4 and 8.1. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

I have the Ultimate Lockpick 1 installed and it works great with the 5.1 but will not work with the 8.1 version. The blue tooth and he DVD bypass will still work, but not the destination bypass. So I would like to install a switch in the SPD wire and bypass the Destination. The tech from coastaltech mentioned that he thought that they had built a timer into the 8.1 so that even with a switch, it will only bypass the destination for a few seconds. Has anyone tried this to see if it works? I have the wiring diagram. Would someone with more experience please take a look at this and see what wire I should try. I think it's the violet wire that runs from connector J27 (from the Navigation ECU on page 3) to a relay by connector J18 (by Combination Meter on page 9). If this is right I will give it a try.

Here's the wiring diagram, Navigation_EWD.pdf

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could be of some help but am only searching for some answers myself. I have a 2009 RX350 Gen 5 ver 7.1 system that I would like to bypass the speed sending wire. It looks to me that you have the correct wire to try but I am certainly no expert. I need the wiring diagram for my car. Where did you get the diagram that you attached? If you have made some progress please post or email me.