Lexus Maintenance History (website): " 90000 Mile Service Non&qu

amcdonal86

Sorry for posting yet another thread, but I registered my new-to-me '97 LS400 on Lexus's owner's website, and one of the records says "90000 MILE SERVICE NON". What exactly does this mean? I assume it means the 90k mile service was done without a timing belt?

it might mean that the 90k service was skipped. there is a debate on weather the 95-97 engine is interference or not. interference means that if you timing belt breaks the piston will smash the valves causing major damage and expenses. you should have a sticker under the hood stating when the belt was last changed. my car had the 90k service performed in 98 and about 200k and 8 years later i changed that one which was still pretty good lookin. you can also go to your local dealer and they will be able to give you more details.

BLAST! I assumed that this had meant that it had already been done. :( The interesting thing is that it was reported at a mileage of around 83k miles in November 2006, about 2 years before the previous owner sold the car.

Anyone else know what this means?

I would suggest calling the dealer and ask to speak to a service representative. Be polite, tell them what you are trying to find out and I bet they help you. You will need to give them your VIN number.

I doubt it means they skipped the service. At only 83k miles, why would they make a note in the service history about skipping the 90k service, when it wasn't even due yet?

Check with the dealer to find out for sure.

Good luck & let us know what you find out!

I would suggest calling the dealer and ask to speak to a service representative. Be polite, tell them what you are trying to find out and I bet they help you. You will need to give them your VIN number.

I doubt it means they skipped the service. At only 83k miles, why would they make a note in the service history about skipping the 90k service, when it wasn't even due yet?

Check with the dealer to find out for sure.

Good luck & let us know what you find out!

Thanks. I will do that. I am out of town now, but I will go do that when I get back!

I spoke with a nice young woman from Lexus of Wilmington (Delaware) where the car had been serviced. She looked up the maintenance records and confirmed that the 90k mile service was indeed done. This is great news!!!!

She told me that the timing belt won't need to be done for another 30-40k more miles.