So No Spare Tire Anymore?

karenc

Hi so ironic story.. I had spent all my time researching tires and decided on the Pilot A/s Plus... we drove from San Diego to O.C. ..and had a flat.. I was just about to buy them on Tire Rack last week.. many phone calls later ,by the side of the road, we were able to limp to someone.. who luckily had two of just what I wanted... anyway so now were thinking.. we do not have run flats.. and no spare tire.. what does anyone else do.. besides have triple A.. Also does anyone purchase the road hazrd waranites from Discount tire? Is it worth it? they are putting the last two on..

Hi so ironic story.. I had spent all my time researching tires and decided on the Pilot A/s Plus... we drove from San Diego to O.C. ..and had a flat.. I was just about to buy them on Tire Rack last week.. many phone calls later ,by the side of the road, we were able to limp to someone.. who luckily had two of just what I wanted... anyway so now were thinking.. we do not have run flats.. and no spare tire.. what does anyone else do.. besides have triple A.. Also does anyone purchase the road hazrd waranites from Discount tire? Is it worth it? they are putting the last two on..
I don't use a spare. I have a 12 volt pump and a screw in type puncture fixer, where you just insert rubber plugs into any puncture hole, which will get me up and running in just a few minutes. Of course, it will not work if you have a blow out, but with modern tires, this is unlikely. I also have AAA just in case.

I hated the run flats and got rid of them as soon as they wore out at 18,000 miles. I have tried several different tires on my 2002 which I bought in 2001. I now have BF Goodriches and they are quiet and corner well, and I am very happy with them. Also, the price is right.