Brake Light Problem

trilexus

My lexus RX300 has trouble on brake light(The third light from the rear left).

It will on when i push brake but it is not on when i turn on the light. In the meantime, the second light from the left is still work well.

The brake light fail indicates on the screen.

Could somebody help me?

Thank you very much.

are you talking about the brake light mounted on the hatch back door above the window? If so it is probably burned out, real easy to replace, just pull the plastic cover off the window surround on the top of the door. Then you will have access to the lamp.

Sounds like you are talking about a dual filament bulb...one that is on normally when the lights are on, and gets brighter when the brakes are applied.

If so, consult your manual. It will tell you which bulb to get from your local auto supply place and how to change it.

Sounds like you are talking about a dual filament bulb...one that is on normally when the lights are on, and gets brighter when the brakes are applied.

If so, consult your manual. It will tell you which bulb to get from your local auto supply place and how to change it.

Hi there!

Thank you very much for your help. I replaced it. However, the light is not on while it get brigh as second bulb when the brakes are applied. It may com from wire problem, isn't it? How can i find that one? (I bought the right bulb from Auto zone)

Thanks