Door Locks

PLATINUMLEX

okay here its is I broke the plastic gromets on the cables on the door lock acutator. Its attached to the inner door panel. If anyone has removed their door panel and not careful you will break these gromets its like plastic screw that holds the cables in place. Well the dealer wants to sell me the entire door lock assembly just for these two cables. total cost $239.99 ive looked online but the best possible is $219.99. Any luck on finding these cables from aftermarket source or used, I have checked all of my local lexus dismantlers and no luck so far. without this my door does not lock at all.

• 2 weeks later...

okay here its is I broke the plastic gromets on the cables on the door lock acutator. Its attached to the inner door panel. If anyone has removed their door panel and not careful you will break these gromets its like plastic screw that holds the cables in place. Well the dealer wants to sell me the entire door lock assembly just for these two cables. total cost $239.99 ive looked online but the best possible is $219.99. Any luck on finding these cables from aftermarket source or used, I have checked all of my local lexus dismantlers and no luck so far. without this my door does not lock at all.

:D I have both cables in perfect condition from more difficult situation involving the door lock itself.

Had to drill a one inch hole in the outer door skin right below the key cylinder to even get the door open!

Problem was in the door lock mechanism itself and as the new assembly comes with new cables attached, i now find myself with a surplus of both perfectly good cables.

If you still need these plese call me @ 650-279-5243.

I'm sure we can work something out.

Dinojoe.