Hybrid Disc Help

I hope I am not breaking any rules by double posting. I just posted this in a reply in the GX forum. But thought I might also get some help here.

New member here. Glad I found this one. Lots of great info. I have been posting over on the ClubLexus Forum.

Have a 06 LX470 with Gen 4 Navigation unit. Have the 5.1 version with the override function. Just purchased the 8.1 version and have tried to make a hybrid disc using the info from clublexus. I don't think I am having a problem with the burning process, but not sure right now. Have had problems with it not working right even though it is loading.

Has anyone make a working hybrid with Gen 4, 5.1 & 8.1?

Please read my post from here and if you can suggest anything, I would really appreciate any help.

My Club Lexus Post

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

I believe that the Gen 4 systems are only able to use a 5.1/6.1 Hybrid.

The reason is that the 7.1 and 8.1 file systems for the Gen 4 system changed and the 5.1 loading.kwi no longer references the files correctly.

:(

There was a post where a guy made a 5.1/7.1-8.1 Gen 4 hybrid and was excited that he got it to work, but on page 4, the testing came in and addresses were not able to be input.

Thanks, and I'm afraid you are right. I am by no means a computor guru. I build all my own computors myself for my company. We have 16 total. I understand all the hardware, I am an electronics technician. But when it comes to reconfiguring the software, that's way beyond my comfort zone. The 5.1/7.1 - 8.1 gives me an idea. maybe if I go up one version at a time and see what happens. Will just have to get the two loading.kwi's I don't have. Since I own the 5.1 & 8.1 and that what I want to end up with, that might be worth a try. I've read here where some have locked up their system, but wouldn't rebooting (killing power) and reload with a factory disc at least get it back working. Or am I playing around in a place I may be sorry I have ventured. I wish I knew more about the programing. But the last time I did any programing was when I was just starting out in instrumentation back in the 70's. And that was ladder logic then and that a place I don't care to go back to. That was old school programing. I'm showing my age here.

Thanks for the help and advice. And I'm still open for any other ideas. Since I have the lockpick installed, that gives me full access to my bluetooth phone functions and DVD. But loose the destination once I go above the 5.1, but I keep the phone working. So the only other thing I need is access to the destinations. So I may just have to consider the wire hack on the speed wire to the nav unit. Was hoping to not have to do that one because of the possible warranty issue.

I know there have been some guys trying to get the loading file decompiled, but apparently Denso uses an in-house programming language and to make it worse, I think they said it is written in Japanese/English...

Maybe all of us Lexus guys could find a Denso programmer and pay that guy big bucks to hook us up with the ability to customize our own loading files to add/remove whatever features we wanted. :P

I know there have been some guys trying to get the loading file decompiled, but apparently Denso uses an in-house programming language and to make it worse, I think they said it is written in Japanese/English...

Maybe all of us Lexus guys could find a Denso programmer and pay that guy big bucks to hook us up with the ability to customize our own loading files to add/remove whatever features we wanted. :P

Put me on the list. I would be happy to contribute to that one. :) :)