Poor Radio Reception '04 Sc430 - Mark Levinson

SecureDBA

I get very poor radio reception on both AM & FM in my '04 SC430 with Mark Levinson stereo. It is not unusual for the scan function to find no stations. Seems like the antenna(s) may not be plugged in properly. There appears to be two antennas, the power one in the rear as well as one in the windshield. Does anyone know how to check this/these connection(s)?

• 3 years later...

• 2 years later...

I recently purchased an 04 and am having the same issue with FM reception. does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remedy this issue. BTW, i took the vehicle to the local Lexus dealer and was prepared to replace the antenna however, i was told the antenna was working as designed. It should be noted that when i select AM the antenna extends all the way up but when i select FM the antenna retracts about a 1/3...

curious issue and somewhat annoying...

thanks in advance

First thing, I would check the fuses for the antenna. Then you could check the connections on the back of the radio. One is for the telescoping antenna (Motorola connector- large) and a smaller Lexus specific antenna for the windshield antenna. You can check to make sure these wires are plugged in. Here's a good link to help with the teardown to get to the back of the radio. http://www.sound-repair.com/index.php/lexus-sc430-04-09-stereo-removal-instructions/