Popping Sound Behind Dash

99 GS300. i'm hearing this popping sound behind the dash. i've read several posts about this, but most of these posts were attributed to things rubbing on each other. This doesn't sound like that. It sounds like a motor trying to rotate and it hits a hard stop or somehting similar. This sound comes from behind the dashboard. What's behind the dash that could be making the "popping" sound?

Do you hear it when you first start the car or does it happen randomly? The noise you describe is totally normal for the first 5-10 seconds after the car is first started as systems (like ABS, VSC) start up and adjust themselves before you begin driving the car.

Do you hear it when you first start the car or does it happen randomly? The noise you describe is totally normal for the first 5-10 seconds after the car is first started as systems (like ABS, VSC) start up and adjust themselves before you begin driving the car.

not necessarilly normal, depends on what the sound is and when your hearing it! is this JUST as start up? ne problems with heating? air? what do u mean popping? u mean humming? clicking?

merry christmas all

yeah i had this kind of problems before mine came from the glove compartment something was stuck in the cabin air filter a piece of tissue rubbing against the fan motor. there is a cover at the back of the glove compartment and when you remove the cover you have access to the filter. good luck!

99 GS300. i'm hearing this popping sound behind the dash. i've read several posts about this, but most of these posts were attributed to things rubbing on each other. This doesn't sound like that. It sounds like a motor trying to rotate and it hits a hard stop or somehting similar. This sound comes from behind the dashboard. What's behind the dash that could be making the "popping" sound?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. The noise sounds like something is moving behind the dashboard or in heating system lol. It often starts when you start moving on green light. The noise can last as long as 3-5 seconds then goes away. I thought that it might be leafs that are stuck in ventilation system but its not it. Anyone know what might it be?

• 3 weeks later...

Is sth called Air mix servomotor.

there are two, the lower one is for temperature control and the higher one is for your vents.

I have this problem, I can see the motor but because of the limited space beside the motor. I have no cue to solve the problem yet.

I read some post on the internet saying lubricating the motor will solve the problem.

Is sth called Air mix servomotor.

there are two, the lower one is for temperature control and the higher one is for your vents.

I have this problem, I can see the motor but because of the limited space beside the motor. I have no cue to solve the problem yet.

I read some post on the internet saying lubricating the motor will solve the problem.

umm its called a mode,temperature servo, also have a air recirculation servo and a drivers side temperature heater. but im not sure this is his problem exaclty since the OP hasnt been back for your problem.....

maybe you should check out my DIY on replacing them....

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...99&hl=servo

i still think the grease is a temp solution (which i have tried, but prefer just to swap them)

I have the same problem. The noise sounds like something is moving behind the dashboard or in heating system lol. It often starts when you start moving on green light. The noise can last as long as 3-5 seconds then goes away. I thought that it might be leafs that are stuck in ventilation system but its not it. Anyone know what might it be?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I abolutely LOVE my 2004 Pearl GS300. I have this same noise. It sounds lokes rocks or pebbles when I accelerate from a red light. Ive seen a few guesses, but has anyone actually solved this problem? It's really annoying.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I abolutely LOVE my 2004 Pearl GS300. I have this same noise. It sounds lokes rocks or pebbles when I accelerate from a red light. Ive seen a few guesses, but has anyone actually solved this problem? It's really annoying.

Thanks!

I use to have the same problem. Its' coolant running by the heater. Need more coolant in the radiator. As soon as I added some, it stopped.

Almost sounds like water trickling when you start off. This is the water pump pushing water at a higher rate when starting out.