Replacement Cd Changer

fastpakr

My wife's 00 ES300 has the glove box mounted factory CD changer. However, it's starting to act up (detects discs at random) and does not support digital music files. Are there any aftermarket changers (pretty sure the factory unit is a Pioneer?) that both mount in the same location and connect to the factory head unit? Ideally I'd like it to support MP3 files, but if the head unit won't control one that will, I'd still like to just get her a working changer.

I know most of the world is moving from changers to portable music devices, but she regularly gets audiobooks from the library and that requires being able to load multiple discs at a time.

Yes. visit a junkyard yourself. I got mine for $20. Don't go for the ones here on this site. they are just ripping people off selling a 10+ yrs old unit for $100 - $175. cmon how much an old unit is really worth. . pathetic people here.

i think the 98, 99, 00 models have the same pioneer unit.

My wife's 00 ES300 has the glove box mounted factory CD changer. However, it's starting to act up (detects discs at random) and does not support digital music files. Are there any aftermarket changers (pretty sure the factory unit is a Pioneer?) that both mount in the same location and connect to the factory head unit? Ideally I'd like it to support MP3 files, but if the head unit won't control one that will, I'd still like to just get her a working changer.

I know most of the world is moving from changers to portable music devices, but she regularly gets audiobooks from the library and that requires being able to load multiple discs at a time.

no one makes an interface or plug in aftermarket changer for this car. I own a car stereo shop and have the same car. change head unit to aftermarket then add cd changer OR get FM modulated cd changer will not be controlled by head unit but will play everythig and cost under $200 in parts.

• 3 months later...

Do any of the aftermarket changers fit in the same location as the original? If not, do the parts exist to eliminate all the brackets for the original and make the glove box appear that it wasn't there? I'm not sure if was possible to get a '00 without the changer installed.