1993 Lexus Es300 Key Reprogram

Ok, I have the key with the little button on the side of the key to unlock and lock my key. One day it just stop working, so i kind of figured that maybe my battery in my key died. So after today I switched out the battery and no luck getting my key to unlock the car. I have tried looking at the on and off switch next to the steering column to make sure it was on and it was. Now I have no clue what to do now because opening the door manually is a pain in the @$$. Thank you in advance.

I am sure that you have allready checked the fuses, Have you checked the door switches? I know on my 92, the door switches must all be made before the remote will lock the doors. It is possible that one of your door switches is open.

What are door switches? Sorry for the noob question. Also I do not know the name of the fuse, what is it called, and which fuse box is it in.

The keyles entry reciever gets power from the 20amp dome light fuse. I believe that is located in the fuse panel near the steering wheel. Of course if the dome light is working you know it is good. The door switches are the ones that control the dome light, so is your light working normally? There are also two other switches in the system, one for the trunk, and one for the hood. There is a sticky at the top of this section that directs you to factory manuals, check it out. If they do not have a good write up on the system, give me a pm. Alldata has a good diagnostic tree for this and I could email a copy. It looks like a fairly good procedure, and is well written. You may have to purchase a voltmeter to do some tests, but you could pick one that is good enough from radio shack, of harbor freight for fairly cheap.

Looking in another thread," Mikado Technology " makes a replacement unit that is a direct plug in. But I am willing to bet that if you have a issue with one of the door switches, you will also have similar problems with the replacement unit. Check the switches before making any decision.

The key programing is for later models, 92 & 93 are not programable. The dome light is the overhead light, does it light when you open the door? Make sure that the manual switch is in the back position.

Well my dome light works but I am not sure where manual switch is. This is just weird one day it just did not work anymore, so I thought it was just the battery in my remote, but once I changed the battery it does not work. *Sigh*

Also how come the key can not be programmable? I have a key with the switch on the side of the key, so does that mean the button on the key is useless now?