Hooking Up A Sub In Rx330

SzuChenEvo

I have sucessfully installed a basslink subwoofer made by Infinity. I used the speaker outputs from the

rear doors. The wires are located in the door jam. Sounds pretty good.

I would have prefered using the front speaker outputs though, but they seem much more difficult to get to.

Yes the infinity does have an amp. You will never have enough drive from the rear speaker outputs to drive a sub.

The wires are in the middle of the connector there are 3 wires, one of them on the inside is +12v you don't want that.. the speaker output is the two wires on the outside of the connector.

I can check the colors over the weekend if you still need them.

Jerry...if it's not too much trouble...please do check the colors for me.

How was the install as far as routing the power lines from the battery?

How/what path did you route the power lines? How you manage to cover up the power lines?

Is there a place in the firewall to route the wires through?

Where did you mount the sub? Did it take up a lot of space?

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

jerryray,

i also need to get to the rear speaker wires and appreciate your photo. however, i can't tell exactly where the photo was taken. is the wiring behind the lower panel between the doors? did you have to take the seat out to get the panel off? does it snap off easily? did you have to remove anything else to snap off the panel? thanks much.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick,

That sub looks awesome! Is that an Infiniti? How does it sound and would you recomend it? I also have an Integra and I am thinking about installing a sub in and this looks perfect.

Where were did you run the speaker level leads from?

I bet your system sounds incredible enjoy!

Craig

I had a local shop install it for me, they pulled the speaker leads from the rear door speakers. And then hooked a high level to low level rca convertor to it, they asked me if i wanted to spend a little more and get the better one, which i did, and it turned out great. The basslink has high level inputs alredy, but they told me it would be alot better, and they could hook up the remote turn on/off lead too. The model is the Infinity Basslink X, bought it at sounddomain.com, they price matched etronics who was out of stock, got it for around 236 shipped. 170 for the install, and they did my xm sat radio too.

http://www.spaniola.com/lexus for more pics

• 3 weeks later...

Stop!!! bring ur rx to your local stereo shop to have your sub installed with amp------------you will need an amp to add your sub to factory sys + you will neeed an line out adp......cost u a lil more money but worth it...any ques please reply.....master cert.. installer :chairshot: