New Owner! No Dumb Questions!

Jackalope

Hi guys! Took delivery of my new (to me anyway) 2005 SC430 with just 18K miles.

No, I'm not going to ask a bunch of dumb questions. I've been hanging out here long enough to know you've heard them all by now.

I'll just ask this, I have no owners manual. Where can I find out how to set my Driver's position memory seats, how to change my home location in my nav, all the stuff you want to do with a new car? I've searched the forum, but most posts have to do with problems or wanting to do things a different way. I just want to know how to do the basics. I've signed on to the Lexus site and seen the partial owner's manuals, but they don't answer my questions. Where can I go to find detailed instructions on the operation of all the gizmos?

Thanks

30sxc35.jpg

No, I'm not going to ask a bunch of dumb questions. I've been hanging out here long enough to know you've heard them all by now.

I'll just ask this, I have no owners manual. Where can I find out how to set my Driver's position memory seats, how to change my home location in my nav, all the stuff you want to do with a new car? I've searched the forum, but most posts have to do with problems or wanting to do things a different way. I just want to know how to do the basics. I've signed on to the Lexus site and seen the partial owner's manuals, but they don't answer my questions. Where can I go to find detailed instructions on the operation of all the gizmos?

Thanks

30sxc35.jpg

Thanks

30sxc35.jpg

Congrats on your SC; My office is in Roswell at Mansell and Alpharetta Highway; Contact me to arrange to come by and review owner's manual.

Thanks

30sxc35.jpg

Have you tried ebay for owners manuals for sale? Just a thought.

Congrats on your 2005 SC 430. I just got one same year with 20K miles just a couple months ago.

100_0166.jpg

Thanks

30sxc35.jpg

Have you tried ebay for owners manuals for sale? Just a thought.

Congrats on your 2005 SC 430. I just got one same year with 20K miles just a couple months ago.

100_0166.jpg

Cliff - No, but thanks for the suggestion. Turns out that Lexus will send you one for free. I've ordered mine. It'll take a few weeks to get here but I've got the car down to where there are just a few minor things that I can't figure out (how to set the driver's memory seat mainly). I've followed all the instructions I read and it doesn't work. Could be I've got a problem in the switch.

On mine I just get the seat, mirrors and steering wheel where I want them. Then while pressing "SET" press 1 or 2 till it beeps. All this while the car is turned on and in park.

Hope this helps

No Cliff, sorry but it doesn't. That's what I've been doing, but it never beeps. I've held both down for over a minute and I get nothing. Then I've moved the seat and hit the button just to see if maybe it set but never beeped and it doesn't move at all. From everone and all the documentation I've read, I'm doing it right but the car isn't responding.

I've got a list of small items I'm going to take to Lexus before the warranty runs out and get them fixed. This looks like one to add.

Thanks for the help though and BTW, beautiful red SC. Don't see many red ones and that one's a beauty.

On your door there are buttons for setting all the positions. Just press L1 and set together (at the same time) and I believe your settings will be instilled.

Regarding your NAV, when you are at your home location, turn your NAV system on and push "mark", which will mark your location.

I'm no expert at this, but that's my experience in working with my SC. Hope it helps. B

On your door there are buttons for setting all the positions. Just press L1 and set together (at the same time) and I believe your settings will be instilled.

Regarding your NAV, when you are at your home location, turn your NAV system on and push "mark", which will mark your location.

I'm no expert at this, but that's my experience in working with my SC. Hope it helps. B

Thanks to all.

What it turned out to be was a need to reset the seat because the battery had gone dead at the dealer before I bought it. Once the seat was reset, everything worked fine.

Hello,

I seem to have same problem with my 2004 sc 430.

Can you explain how to 'reset the seat''?

Thanks

Thanks to all.

What it turned out to be was a need to reset the seat because the battery had gone dead at the dealer before I bought it. Once the seat was reset, everything worked fine.

No, sorry I can't. The dealer did it. It was a 30 second fix. But I do know he moved it all the way up and all the way back. You might try doing that.

Hello,

Thanks

Thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...
No, sorry I can't. The dealer did it. It was a 30 second fix. But I do know he moved it all the way up and all the way back. You might try doing that.
Hello,

Thanks

Thanks to all.

To reset or calibrate the seat lean the seat forward and run it all the way to the front with the controls until it beeps then all the way back till it beeps

that should set the limits on the seat. Then just put it where you want and press the set button on the door, and the 1 or 2 button at the same time till it beeps should then be set. Do both seats to reset them both.

Hope it helps. My battery has gone down several times since I rarely drive mine. So have had to do this a few times.

Tom