99 Es 300 Can This Car Run Normally On Regular

audiowood

I am buying a 99 es 300 with 145000 miles my question is if there are any problems running this car on regular octane gas

My understanding is that the Lexus computer will "de-tune" the car to compensate for the lower octane. There will be a decrease in performance but it may not be significant enough to notice on a car with that mileage. Your driving habits may not make it a factor either.

If you use the car occasionally rather than for a long commute you might want to crunch mileage / mpg numbers to determine how much you actually save by using regular octane gas. Some on this site have found the lower octane results in lower mpg figures.

At any rate, enjoy your Lexus.

We ran regular unleaded for the 200 000 km that we owned my wife's last 97 ES 300 with absolutely no problems what so ever. Her present 04 ES 330 has run on regular since new, has presently got 82 000 km on the clock, and runs like a Swiss watch. Be aware that our driving habits do not put a lot of stress or demands on any of our vehicles. If we were akin to hammering them frequently, then without a doubt I would insist that we power them with premium to keep preignition from destroying the motors.