Heat Climate

zakyntho1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a 2006 rx 330 today it was about 28 degrees outside and when i put my auto heat for 75 degrees the ac button went on . i thought i read somewhere in the manual that under 32 the ac does not go on any suggestions thanks

The AUTO climate feature in my 00 LS isn't all that exact either -- sometimes the A/C is on when its a little below freezing and sometimes its not. The outside temperature indicator on the dash doesn't seem to have anything to do with the HVAC system. I'm guessing there is a separate sensor in the HVAC system that senses outside temperature and makes the appropriate adjustment.

I usually don't use the AUTO setting in the winter (e.g. when it's below 50 degrees) and manually turn the A/C off so that it doesn't needlessly cycle on and off -- unless I'm driving in heavy, slow traffic and want the air quality sensor automatically recirculate the inside air when the outside air has a lot of vehicle exhaust fumes.

Never really stopped to figure out the bells and whistles on mine but it may flick in some auto defrost mode. Believe it or not, cold air clears the inside of steamed windows much better than warm.

Regards, PK