Problem With Battery On Rx 400h 06

Hello,

I have a Rx 400h... and recently ive found the front hood batery drained ...with lots of acid underneath...now i have bought a new battery but car wont start...

I wonder if the bad battery ive changed was bad and i have jump started the car few times (WHAT WOULD BE THE FUSE THAT WILL BURN" IF FRONT HOOD BATTERY HAS A SHORT?)

I dont know if thats the cause of that but the battery ive replaced is new...its a 45Ah Varta...meaby doesnt have enough power?...

I live in the eastern Europe...herre not too many Lexus dealers at all....

Any help appreciated

Back when we had our Nissan Quest minivan, I accidentally shorted a new battery when installing it. Luckily, there was a large fuse in the engine bay fuse box that had blown and after replacing it, the car started right up.

Check around for a fuse box, both in your owner's manual and in the engine bay. Also make sure that the battery acid has not damaged anything electrical.

Good luck.

Dave

Back when we had our Nissan Quest minivan, I accidentally shorted a new battery when installing it. Luckily, there was a large fuse in the engine bay fuse box that had blown and after replacing it, the car started right up.

Check around for a fuse box, both in your owner's manual and in the engine bay. Also make sure that the battery acid has not damaged anything electrical.

Good luck.

Dave

Thanx Dave!

I sure will have to look around and check whats blown up...meaby i will find something...i hope didt blew up something else...

Thanx again

Marius

Hello,

I have a Rx 400h... and recently ive found the front hood batery drained ...with lots of acid underneath...now i have bought a new battery but car wont start...

I wonder if the bad battery ive changed was bad and i have jump started the car few times (WHAT WOULD BE THE FUSE THAT WILL BURN" IF FRONT HOOD BATTERY HAS A SHORT?)

I dont know if thats the cause of that but the battery ive replaced is new...its a 45Ah Varta...meaby doesnt have enough power?...

Any help appreciated

first, can you check the voltage at battery? how much do you read there?

when you turn the ignition key what happens exactly? is the radio coming up? is the interior light coming up?

if your car has the standard wiring, a battery shortage will not burn any fuse because there is none at the battery. but of course other electrical malfunctions or shortages will burn the fuse responsible for the malfunctioning electrical equipment.

ps.: if you like you can place your questions also at the european lexus owners club forum (german or UK)

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Any help appreciated

Hi,

First of all how did the acid drain out of your battery? Did it have a crack in it, was this vehicle in an accident? You should diagnose this problem before you waste a new battery. Now, 45Ah rated battery is kind of low for this hybrid. I believe the CCA for this vehicles battery is around 585 @ 0 degrees F. That should be about 95-100Ah rated battery. Go back where you bought this battery and order the one for this hybrid. Also, Lexus warranty for the battery is 2 years or 50,000 mile free replacement.