Rough When Warming Up

silvermistLS

My 93 ES had a similar problem, after cleaning the TPS, the IACV, and EGR valve assy it now idles nice and smooth......I am getting a CEL with a code 14, replaced the igniter with one from a junkyard, code is still there...the TPS and IACV cleaning had no effect, but the EGR valve did the trick, when I removed the dashpot black powder (carbon) fell out, anyway after re-assmebling the egr, the idle is nice and smooth. Hope this helps

Capn

My 93 was vibrating and sputtering but all was fixed after the plugs and wires were replaced.

Hope that helps. :)

my 92 still sputters after i changed the wires, plugs, cap and rotors even the the top coil. also i removed and cleaned the iac valve, and replaced the gasket. puuled the throttle body off, cleaned it now its worse. any ideas?

Alrighty..So I had the TPS changed, and my mech also adjusted the throttle positioning (meaning rotated the TPS clockwise, since when he first installed the TPS and reset the fuse, the car was idling in park, at 1000RPM. When he hooked it up to computer, the error 41 (bad TPS) was gone.. after cycling through the program, it said throttle opening degree needed to be at 76-80 degrees, mine was at 73. He adjusted it to 78, and boy it made a significant difference.. as before, the throttle seemed hard or sluggish. The morning vibrations are still there, but not as prevalent. I'll just have to wait and see what that does.. but as far as throttle application and response, MUCH better!

Thanks,

Al

You adjusted the throttle position sensor, but did you clean the throttle body??? After 50,000 to 60,00 miles, they can get very dirty. Normally the gas peddle will start sticking, which indicates it needs to be cleaned. A clean throttle body will help air flow smoother and make your car run better.