Replacing Run Flats

I just replaced my Dunlop run flats last week with a set of Michelin Pilot A/S. They are Z rated and provide a MUCH better ride than the run flats ever did. Everything I have read about the Michelins has been positive. There are quite a few posts about them in this forum.

--Duckman

I'm with Duckman.

Overall, I am a Michelin kind of guy. I put on a set of nice 18" rims for the summer and went with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Ironically, they just came out with the Pilot Sport A/S Plus which is supposed to be even more smooth and quiet. Tomorrow, I am having a dedicated set of snow tires put on. I went with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3, supposed to be an awesome winter tire. On my 02 ES, I had a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S and can't rave enough about the all season performance of these tires.

I had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on my ES in the summer as well, and these too where and awesome tire.

Can't speak to the Conti because I have never invested in a set.

steviej

Sorry to post again, but I just spoke to a friend of mine who had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires put on his Mitsubishi Eclipse this past weekend. So far....so good. He was raving about the ride into the office on Monday.

He said that they have a 45k mile rating on them...I just checked the Michelin website and they are backed by a 45k mile limited warranty. Here is a link:

http://www.michelinman.com/tires/ultra-hig...-as-plus/34615/

One more comment about my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires....they not only make the ride better, they look sharp on the car. I like the look of the tread...corney, but it has an impact on my feel for the automobile. Here's a picture and info:

http://www.michelinman.com/tires/ultra-hig...pilot-sport-as/

--Duckman

StevenW, I have a set of Continental ContiProContact on my car. They are very good tire for the price, mainly because they are not as well known as Michelin or Bridgestone. Handling is above average, very quiet, good in wet condition and good in the snow for a all season tire. The only draw back I have read on the review is the soft sidewall, they can be damage easily.

• 4 months later...
the dealer informed me that no other tire can fit on the GS 300 AWD but runflats <_<

Wow... You need to find a new dealer because the one who told you that either doesn't know what he's talking about, or is blatantly lying to you!

Many others on this forum have ditched the runflats for other tires. Personally, I would have done to same to get better grip and a quieter ride (my car has a spare too - not all GSs do). However, when faced with $150 for two used runflats vs. at least three to four times that much for four new tires, I decided to keep the runflats until all 4 needed replacing...

the dealer informed me that no other tire can fit on the GS 300 AWD but runflats <_<

Wow... You need to find a new dealer because the one who told you that either doesn't know what he's talking about, or is blatantly lying to you!

Many others on this forum have ditched the runflats for other tires. Personally, I would have done to same to get better grip and a quieter ride (my car has a spare too - not all GSs do). However, when faced with $150 for two used runflats vs. at least three to four times that much for four new tires, I decided to keep the runflats until all 4 needed replacing...

i think they took me for a ride...i was willing to get four regular tires. Im shocked that the spare is not fullsize, driving a GS with a flat is horrific

i think they took me for a ride...i was willing to get four regular tires. Im shocked that the spare is not fullsize, driving a GS with a flat is horrific

Yeah, I had a blow out a year ago on the highway in the middle of nowhere. Ended up changing the tire and driving 100 miles or so back home, It was sad to see the GS with a little donut tire sitting on the driveway... :(

Yeah, I had a blow out a year ago on the highway in the middle of nowhere. Ended up changing the tire and driving 100 miles or so back home, It was sad to see the GS with a little donut tire sitting on the driveway... :(

:D i felt the same way. when i had the spare on