Bulb Id

jiggapoo

1996, 200k miles. This is not a climate control LCD problem, this is a backlighting problem. Two or three of the bulbs out of the back of the unit are out, leaving my fingers wondering which button to push next in the morning when it's dark.

I called the dealer to get some replacement bulbs but there are two types which allegedly look the same.

This somewhat makes sense in that there are bulbs which light up the LCD and then bulbs which light up behind the buttons.

Can anyone help with bulb part #'s and which is which? I don't see any markings on the bulbs and they all look the same.

I'll also put some pictures up and a DIY when I discover the solution.

as far as i know its not the bulbs which are the problem - its actually capacitors which need replacing - i have a write up - let me know your email and i will send over

I used the good bulbs for testing and, yep, it's the bulbs. I switched the good and bad bulbs and then good bulbs lit up where the bad bulbs where, and vice versa.

Go ahead and post your capacitor write-up to the board. I'm interested.

Your dealer should know what bulbs goes where.

If he claims not to....... then go to a different dealer.....

I wish I had a choice! We have one dealer. But I see your point; I wish there was some competition so I could raise the bar of expectations of my dealer.