Locking Central Diff

fernandolpa

Anybody knos how to lock the central diff?

I do some offroading and sometimes I need to lock the central diff -even partially- to get more traction.

Sometimes to get more traction I use the snow swtich and L. I do not know if SNOW locks the centrl diff or not. Any ideas? Any information? My Lexu dealer is even more lost than I.

Any way to do it? I imagine that I will need to do some moficiation or even installing a switch, as the traction and transmission is controlled electronically.

Any help will be appreciatted.

Anybody knos how to lock the central diff?

I do some offroading and sometimes I need to lock the central diff -even partially- to get more traction.

Sometimes to get more traction I use the snow swtich and L. I do not know if SNOW locks the centrl diff or not. Any ideas? Any information? My Lexu dealer is even more lost than I.

Any way to do it? I imagine that I will need to do some moficiation or even installing a switch, as the traction and transmission is controlled electronically.

Any help will be appreciatted.

You cant lock them and even the traction ETC Snow just start the car in 2nd gear. I think you should have bought a GX or LX. Anyways what year do u have? The first gen 97- 2003 and 07- Present has the best AWD drive from what I hear. Mine and other 04-06 RX have the bad AWD bc Lexus got cheap or something like that. But what I am sure of is NO lock differential and ETC snow just start the car in 2nd gear. Thats it very basic

I have 2001 model, european spec, made in Japan.

Are you sure that SNOW just do that? I use SNOW with L gear and of course starts in 1st when doing so. Then what is the purpose of the SNOW in an AWD car?