How To Remove Headlight Assembly For 91

jonnietronik

What's the temperature like in California right now? You have to pull very hard on the parking light to gain access to the screws that secure the headlight assembly.

I have done it that way before during the summer, but the last set of bulbs I changed were during the winter last year. I didn't want to try pulling on the parking light because of the cold temperature. I was sure the plastic was brittle and I didn't want something to break when I pulled too hard.

Instead of doing it the traditional way, I removed the battery and air intake assembly and just replaced the bulbs while the light assemblies were still on the car. There is a plastic cover to remove that seperates the back of the lights from the engine bay...after removing that you can get to the bulbs.

After talking with the service manager at my local Lexus dealership, I learned that the way I changed the bulbs was how it is always done on first-generation LS400s in their service department.