Turning Headlights Off With Remote Key

rkr

I am not able to turn my headlights off with the remote key. When I leave the car and the lights are on I am able to lock the doors but the lights stay on. The lights will go off automatically after about 20 secs. I was able to turn them off with the remote before but not now. Any suggestions as to why?

I am not able to turn my headlights off with the remote key. When I leave the car and the lights are on I am able to lock the doors but the lights stay on. The lights will go off automatically after about 20 secs. I was able to turn them off with the remote before but not now. Any suggestions as to why?

Do you click the lock button twice?

Yes I click the lock button twice. The owners manual says that if you click the remote three times the turn signal lights will blink to let you know the car is locked, however when I do this the lights remain on. They only go off after the automatic timer shuts them off. I thought maybe the battery in the remote might need replaced.