Sterring/brake Fluid

When i changed my oil today and replace the filter; i was checking the sterring fluid as well as the brake fluid. Apparently the steering fluid should look red right?, but mine has a dirty brown colouring. As for the brake fluid, it is looking not too healthy either. anyone know how to flush them out, and replace them with new fluids? I have an 02 gs300; thanks for the help guys.

When i changed my oil today and replace the filter; i was checking the sterring fluid as well as the brake fluid. Apparently the steering fluid should look red right?, but mine has a dirty brown colouring. As for the brake fluid, it is looking not too healthy either. anyone know how to flush them out, and replace them with new fluids? I have an 02 gs300; thanks for the help guys.

anyone can help?

The easiest way to do the steering fluid is the syphon out the old fluid, top it off with new DexIII transmission fluid, start the car, let it circulate... and repeat a few times. This is not the most efficient method, but it is the easiest. I used Mobil1 synthetic ATF in my power steering system. As far as the brake fluid goes you'll need to bleed your brakes. There are plenty of DIY post on this forum and clublexus.com

The easiest way to do the steering fluid is the syphon out the old fluid, top it off with new DexIII transmission fluid, start the car, let it circulate... and repeat a few times. This is not the most efficient method, but it is the easiest. I used Mobil1 synthetic ATF in my power steering system. As far as the brake fluid goes you'll need to bleed your brakes. There are plenty of DIY post on this forum and clublexus.com

ok so bythebay doesnt think im always bashing him, which im not i was just being stubborn and arguing a point.......(you'll see when u read the post) i would suggest you try this for your power steering......

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52270