2000 Gs300 - Oil Light

My moms car...she called me tonight and said that her "Oil Light" (the little oil can deal with a drip coming out of it) has been coming on and off...I am not near her and dont have the manual in front of me...What is the common cause of this. I know the oil was changed less than 5k miles ago (probably around 2500-2750 miles ago)

Thanks,

Casey

My moms car...she called me tonight and said that her "Oil Light" (the little oil can deal with a drip coming out of it) has been coming on and off...I am not near her and dont have the manual in front of me...What is the common cause of this. I know the oil was changed less than 5k miles ago (probably around 2500-2750 miles ago)

Thanks,

Casey

maybe the oil is low?

Thanks,

Casey

maybe the oil is low?

could be leaking or burning oil. could have a faulty sensor. FIRST THINGS FIRST have her check the oil.....that way if it is low she doesnt lock up the motor. then check the sensor if it still comes on and off. i would be willing to bet she's low,leaking, or burning oil

had her check oil this morning...bout 1.5 qts low! Car has always been maintained well, I do the oil changes and always no more than about 4000 miles to a change...using Castrol 5-30 and a WIX wilter. Why might it be burning oil all a sudden??? Its definitely not leaking.

had her check oil this morning...bout 1.5 qts low! Car has always been maintained well, I do the oil changes and always no more than about 4000 miles to a change...using Castrol 5-30 and a WIX wilter. Why might it be burning oil all a sudden??? Its definitely not leaking.

u sure u added enough last time? j/k but that is a possibility....she seeing any kind of smoke when driving? i think blue is oil or what they call blowby i think (im not sure but i think this is where oil is getting past the piston rings). im no mechanic, i can do enough to get me outta trouble but motor stuff i do leave to my 2 mechanics.....they great. can u check the compression across the board on the motor?