Rx400h In Canada - Nav System Optional?

The http://www.lexus.ca website says its part of the $8,450 Ultra Premium Package option:

Options

ULTRA PREMIUM PACKAGE

Vehicle Including Option Package $62,100.00 *

AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Compact Disc DVD Autochanger

Mark Levinson Audio

Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System

11 Speakers

Audio and DVD Remote Control

Rear Audio Joystick Controls

2 sets of Wireless Headphones for RSA/RSE

9-inch Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Rear Monitor

DVD Based Navigation System

I've seen that already but the local dealership's site seemed to imply it was standard so I wasn't too sure. I guess it makes more sense to trust the national site though.

Anybody know if I can get it WITHOUT the upgraded audio and rear entertainment system? I imagine this makes up the bulk of the package price and I'm not interested in either of them.

I've seen that already but the local dealership's site seemed to imply it was standard so I wasn't too sure. I guess it makes more sense to trust the national site though.

Anybody know if I can get it WITHOUT the upgraded audio and rear entertainment system? I imagine this makes up the bulk of the package price and I'm not interested in either of them.

From the website, it appears the ONLY option package includes all the stuff mentioned. That means you'd be stuck with the stuff you don't want.

Very different in the US:

http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/features/pricing.html

The options/packages are much more flexible. Odd that it would be different for Canada. You could go across the border to buy the US version but I've heard bringing a car into Canada is a real PITA at best.

I'm in the Toronto area (Markham), and I'm getting conflicting information here. Is the nav system/bluetooth/rear monitor optional in the '08s, or does it come standard?

My first post here, but long time lurking before I bought my 400h in June this year.

To answer your question, I did not choose the NAV option since I don't need it. I used a hand held gps on a trip, but other than that, I know my way around town. Anyway, after I agreed on a price with the sales guy, I was taken to an administrator to sign up the deal. He asked me if I want to add rear monitor, radar for cruising (forget what they call it, but it is available in Toyota as well), and a bunch of other options. So, this implies that you do not have to buy the NAV package, but pick the individual options you need.

I'm in the Toronto area (Markham), and I'm getting conflicting information here. Is the nav system/bluetooth/rear monitor optional in the '08s, or does it come standard?

My first post here, but long time lurking before I bought my 400h in June this year.

To answer your question, I did not choose the NAV option since I don't need it. I used a hand held gps on a trip, but other than that, I know my way around town. Anyway, after I agreed on a price with the sales guy, I was taken to an administrator to sign up the deal. He asked me if I want to add rear monitor, radar for cruising (forget what they call it, but it is available in Toyota as well), and a bunch of other options. So, this implies that you do not have to buy the NAV package, but pick the individual options you need.

All you have to do is a special order and get exactly what you want. Thats what I did on my 2008 RX400h. It takes 3 months to get it built to your specifications exactly.

All you have to do is a special order and get exactly what you want. Thats what I did on my 2008 RX400h. It takes 3 months to get it built to your specifications exactly.

When I placed my offer, my car is already on the ship to Canada. So, my impression is that these can be added on by the dealer.

When I placed my offer, my car is already on the ship to Canada. So, my impression is that these can be added on by the dealer.

The Nav system, rear camera, Mark Levinson are not options that can be added by the dealer!!! Take a look at a car with the Nav/bluetooth/rear camera option and then one without it.

The Nav package requires a different dash!!

Your dealer was probabally able to hijack another car in transit ordered by another dealer that fit your specifications.

No, I was asked if I wanted the rear monitor, I said no, then he ask me if I want the radar cruise control. There is no mention of NAV system. By the way, NAV system package does not have radar cruise control.