Gs300 Time For Rim/tire Upgrade

pharaoh01

Hello All,

I have a 2001 GS 300 with about 60K miles. I have upgraded to the Brembo Sport Drilled rotors all around, as well as stainless steel break lines, and Akebono Pro-Act Ceramic Pads. Unfortunately, I am in major need of some new kicks for my car (previous owner a victim of severe curb rash). I have read a lot about the upgrades many have done on this forum, and think I want to go with no larger than 18 inch wheels and tires. I really like the HRE 591R wheels.. I am really looking for suggestions on the wheel width more than anything. I am all about the performance and handling of the car, and want more rubber on the road without the tires looking wider than the body of the car if you know what I mean. Thanks for the help. (If it matters, I'm currently running the stock 16 in wheels with Michelin Primacy MXV4 215/60R16 95V

-phaRaoh

dkfisher@gmail.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/dkfisher/Princ...516245950116210

http://picasaweb.google.com/dkfisher/Princ...516326843565570

http://picasaweb.google.com/dkfisher/Princ...516155025014050

kinda curious as to why you just didn't go with supra brakes....

those are some nice wheels though...

I'm running...

Front Size: 19x8.5

Front Offset: +35 mm

Rear Size: 19x9.5

Rear Offset: +38 mm

with no rubbing issues...

are you considering lowering springs or other suspension mods? I'm adding Tom's 6-links, Tannabe NF210's on Bilstein Sport Struts, Daizen bushings, with TRD or Daizen swaybar upgrades soon.

I never really considered any other rotors after I saw the Brembos and was hooked. I'm thinking about adding the Tein Comfort Sport Coilover Kit, but it really depends whether I need to salvage the handling after increasing the tire size or not. Do you feel your handling and ride are better, worse, or the same as before the tire increase? Please describe. Any pictures?

Thanks,

David

over smooth roads the quality is the same, my braking is about the same i guess because these wheels aren't really heavier than stock... the grip is improved but thats probably because i have on high performance summer tires on the 19's that would kill me if it snowed..... my suspension work hasn't been done yet because i'm pretty lazy... here is a pic... I hope the tom's 6-links and new springs and shocks eliminate that float and tighten up the ride. I've also been sitting on a set of new daizen bushings for over a year... hopefully i get all of this done one day soon.

Photo_092508_002.jpg

as far as i know from other people... coilovers are the way to go.. but i do believe you may end up sacrificing ride quality...

i saw a set of Tom's coilovers (used) that got pretty good review on another forum.