Es300 Aircondition Pump Replacement

Ron123

I believe that I have a siezed AC pump. When I turn on the AC the belt squeels. I'm pretty sure that I need to replace the pump. Is there any thing that I should be aware of when replacing the pump? What about the freon lines? Thanks

Have you checked belt tension? Also what condition is the belt in? Most of the time the pump itself is not the issue, it is the belt. May I ask what makes you sure that the pump is gone? Is there no cold air blowing out the vents? Replacing the pump is not really a project a home mechanic can do. You need to evacuate the old freon, replace the pump, vacuum the system out, add oil and freon. Unless you have a good understanding and the proper tools I would not recommend trying it yourself.

I have merged your two threads.

First check the belt quality. if the 1994 belt is original then it is in way need of replacement. See the belt is cracked, dry or loose, these most definately cause sqeal on start up.

steviej