Mud Flaps / Splash Guards

Marty Witt

I own a white 95 SC400 and always seem to pick up tar and other junk that is hard to remove on the bottom half of the car. I called Lexus about some Factory splash guards, but they don't make them for the SC. I searched on the Web and found a few companies that offer them, but it appears that they might be "One Size Fits All". I want them to look nice. Has anyone found mud flaps / splash guards that are custom fit for the SC?? If so, where did you get them??

I haven't seen any in Japan or the US. There are some options you could try out to prevent tar buildup.

1) Try to avoid them.

2) Wax the painted parts of your SC. Use Meguire or Mothers Carnuba Wax. It will make the tar come off easier. Apply it every 8 months. For the Plastic parts, use Armor All. Apply it inside your wheel-well/mudguard area. Appearance-wise, it makes the car look like new, and well maintained.

3) To clean it, use a high pressure hose 12psi if you don't apply, or general faucet pressure(home pressure) if you do apply.

4) I have also seen Tar/bug lotion at Walmart and PepBoys. You could try that as well.

The first two are the best options I would choose.

Believe me, I keep my Lex washed and waxed at all times. I'm just want to prevent the tar from happening in the first place. I have all the goodies when it comes to cleaning the car, including about 3 types of tar/wax remover. But thanks for the advice.