Gps Voice Not Loud Enough.

When I'm listening to music somewhat loud I can barely make out the GPS voice during turn by turn directions. It sounds like the voice only comes out of one of the left hand speakers. I have it set to high and to the auto adjusting setting. Is there a a known reason as to why this happens?

I've never heard of this...I don't even use the voice on my gps, but the volume was always loud enough when I had it on when I first drove my car. I never had to turn it above 3 or 4. The voice only comes out of the left driver speaker because the driver is the only one that needs to know which way to turn.

There may be an internal volume setting that can be adjusted by the dealer. If I'm not mistaken there is a seperate amp that operates that function, albeit a very small one. Maybe check into that as well. This is the first time I ever heard of this issue.

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue. It is really bad with the windows down. Conversly my bmw 335xi it is as loud as you want to make it. I have heard that the bmw nav is on a seperate channel than the raido therefore the volume is adjustable independantly, while the IS nav uses the same channel for both the nav and the raido. The Dealer said that there is nothing they can do about it.

I have mine on 7 and it is very loud. I suggest when you are trying to concentrate on driving in unfamiliar territory you should not blare the music while the lady is talking to you. And it should automatically turn the music down when she starts to speak. Are you SURE it is set @ 7?