Urgent Tire Sensor Problem On The Road

Ragtop Girl

I've read the posts but am confused about the audible tire sensor disblement. I'm 500 miles from home and found I have a cracked rim. To make a long story short, I've been traveling for four days and have had the tire sensor come on every day with a low front tire. First tire shop I stopped out in NC said I had a cracked rim and needed to replace it and told me to go to a dealer. I drove to a Lexus dealer in SC who told me they didn't see a cracked rim (but earlier told me if I did have one it would take 3 business days to get one in) and they couldn't tell why the tire was losing air each day (a lot!) and sent me on my way. They evidently didn't even bother to take the wheel off. It got worse and I went to a tire dealer this am who took the wheel off and showed me the cracked rim. Tire almost was flat overnight since filling up yesterday and I have 600 more miles and three days to go before getting home. Since I knew it was going to take 3 days to get rim, I bought an inexpensive rim and had the tire put on it to get me home. Once home I'll sell the rim and order a Lexus rim.

Now the problem - the audible alarm goes off evey two minutes and will drive me crazy before I can get home to TN. Local tire dealer says they can't put the sensor on the wheel I bought and I leave for GA in the AM and then TN on Tues or Wed. Any quick and easy way to disable the audible alarm without !Removed! anything else up?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Disableing the tire sensor alarm is very easy and takes about 10 minutes. This has been address in other posts and I did it the other day in about 10 minutes. You simple remove the gear shift knob, take a few screws out of the console, a couple of snaps at the rear of the console, lift the console and unplug the two cables in the front.

As for replacing the wheel, you should look at ebay or I have a one that is a little scratched up, but no cracks....

cmartin248@aol.com

I don't have tools with me and am not handy-dandy. I read there was a box to the left of the steering wheel, but could not find it. Also, why couldn't the tire dealer put the sendor on the new wheel ?? Any other solutions before I leave tomorrow am ?