Please Dont Tell Me This Is A Trans. Problem....

92BlueByU

I was just coming back from a Sweetest Day lunch with my wife and when I was accelerating I noticed a kind of surging when I was getting on the gas. I was doing about 70 and took it up to 80 and I noticed that the rpms' held at about 3k for a second while it surged and then accelerated.

I just did a full tune up, and did the trans fluid and filter. I've been running high octane since I got it in Sept. and when I had the fuel filter off I was told it was pretty clean.

The car has about 170k on it.

When I put it into gear from park I can feel it drop down or when I put it into reverse it kinda pops up in the rear, is this the trans mount going out? (its been a long time since I drove a rear wheel drive car so excuse me if its normal)

I was just coming back from a Sweetest Day lunch with my wife and when I was accelerating I noticed a kind of surging when I was getting on the gas. I was doing about 70 and took it up to 80 and I noticed that the rpms' held at about 3k for a second while it surged and then accelerated.

I just did a full tune up, and did the trans fluid and filter. I've been running high octane since I got it in Sept. and when I had the fuel filter off I was told it was pretty clean.

The car has about 170k on it.

When I put it into gear from park I can feel it drop down or when I put it into reverse it kinda pops up in the rear, is this the trans mount going out? (its been a long time since I drove a rear wheel drive car so excuse me if its normal)

If it jerks as you take it out of Park or Reverse-Drive, then most likely. If you can try to replace them and see if that solves the problem.