Differences In Engines From 99-00

help1111

I have a 99 rx that I am rebuilding the engine in completely! All of the work has been performed(i:e: cleaning , machine work etc.) but I am having a problem with obtaining a gasket kit. My production date is 3/99 and I was told by my dealership that there are differences. from 1/98 to 7/99 and 7/99 and up. I need to know exactly which gaskets are different as I can only locate a gasket kit for 7/99 and up! Can someone please help me!! I am so glad that there is a forum for RX's!! glad to join!

They can run the vin and give you the exact gasket in case their was a minor change.

You have the same 1mz-fe motor problem is it may have 1 hole moved and no one is going to know that except a break down of the vin .

I tried that. I gave the vin to the parts guy and they told me that although there is a different part number......they can't tell me what gaskets are different. I am bumming!

I have a 99 rx that I am rebuilding the engine in completely! All of the work has been performed(i:e: cleaning , machine work etc.) but I am having a problem with obtaining a gasket kit. My production date is 3/99 and I was told by my dealership that there are differences. from 1/98 to 7/99 and 7/99 and up. I need to know exactly which gaskets are different as I can only locate a gasket kit for 7/99 and up! Can someone please help me!! I am so glad that there is a forum for RX's!! glad to join!

I replaced the front valve cover gasket on my DIL's 99RX and when I got the gasket it called for (Felpro brand), it was very much different than what was on the car. They simply gave me the other 1 it listed in the book and -viola- it was the right 1. I don't know what other gaskets (if any) may be different but they definitely changed the shape of the valve cover in the middle of the 99 model year. That might give you a clue as to which 1 you should have. (which complete gasket set).