Sc300 To Na Supra

Tellowman24

I recently bought a 1994 sc300 and i was looking for some horsepower numbers outta her. I have already done the basics ie..(intake,exhaust,breaks) but its just not enough. I was recently shopping around for a turbo but can not find one with in my price range, but i found many NA supra kits that are. I was curious if i could run a NA supra turbo kit on my sc300. One of the sites i was looking at was http://www.nonturbo.com/, the supra basic turbo kit, i was curious what u guys thought and are open to all your suggestions. Could these NA supra kits acrually work?

Thanks for your time

Rich

From the looks of it, the kit doesn't look too bad. And from what I understand motor and tranny wise, they are identical. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) The only thing that kit doesn't include is an intercooler. And a Supra intercooler kit, won't fit right. So what you would have to do, is run the Supra turbo kit, and buy an SC300 intercooler kit when you're ready for that. Other than that, the kit doesn't look too bad at all.. Also remember, that if you want to play with the kit at all, you're going to need to upgrade your fuel system, and buy a piggy back or ECU to tune the thing. In no situation would I ever install a turbo kit on a car without upgrading the stock fuel system or having some sort of means to tune the car. That is asking for trouble in my opinion.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I would at least put an intercooler on there. But then again if your gonna buy an intercooler separate you might as well buy the more expensive one with the IC included. It does fit fine and it seems to have pretty good potential. Here's a post I found on Supraforums.

Please don't knock the kit that is on www.nonturbo.com. DaveH was kind enough to make a kit available to us NA guys for a very reasonable price. I've seen the kit in person on a SC300 and it looks amazing. His fabricator is very good with metal and is one of the few guys I've seen that can weld as good as he. The kit can support more power but you have to have the supporting mods such as fuel, ignition, etc. The Boost Logic Kit is of superior design but that doesn't mean that Dave's Kit has any less quality. Just cheaper to make and therefore alot of us NA guys like that. We can spend money elsewhere. The SC300 here in town that runs it, put 427rwhp and 496rwtq down this past Monday on Dave's Kit. So please don't say that it doesn't have potential. Remember this also, DaveH is on a stock GE bottom end and ran a 10.16.

I think that, if you wouldn't mind saving up for it, the boostlogic.com would be the best bet. It comes with a lot more components and I think better quality ones. But as you stated above it's out of your price range.

Alex

That's a nice kit alex but the only thing it offers in the fuel management department is a fuel pump.

Like AJ said, you will still want to get a pair of extra injectors and a controller.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. Some people say that the stock fuel system can support 5-7 psi while others argue that more fuel is needed.

I think when I have the money to start this, I'll start with Dave's kit and a good A/F Ratio Meter and see how things go.

If I see that there are problems with running to lean, I'll look into some injectors/pump/controller.