Do I Need A New Transmission

downsouth

How can I describe my problem <_< ? I have a 1995 SC 400 Lexus. Here I go: It doesn't matter if the car is cold or hot, when i crank up the car and put it in reverse or drive, i have to continually press the accelerator to get the car to move to almost 4rpm's. it begins to move after about a minute or even longer. do i need another transmission? a friend of mine said that my clutches are about to go. is that true? help me someone to fix this problem without having to purchase a new transmission!!! :censored:

How can I describe my problem <_< ? I have a 1995 SC 400 Lexus. Here I go: It doesn't matter if the car is cold or hot, when i crank up the car and put it in reverse or drive, i have to continually press the accelerator to get the car to move to almost 4rpm's. it begins to move after about a minute or even longer. do i need another transmission? a friend of mine said that my clutches are about to go. is that true? help me someone to fix this problem without having to purchase a new transmission!!! :censored:

You mention RPM's; are you saying you're having to continually press the accelerator to prevent the engine from dying, or is the car not moving even with the engine being revved? After the minute or so you mention, does it then run normally, or is there still excessive engine speed to get or keep the car moving? These trannies are tough as nails, and they aren't cheap, so be careful of your diagnosis - engine or transmission. If the engine runs fine but the car doesn't want to move, it may well be a transmission issue. If the engine doesn't want to run, that's another issue.

Mine did the same thing. I was shopping for a tranny and my mechanic cleaned the filter before he pulled the trans just to see if that would fix it. It's been like new for 6 months now. Be sure and use the right fluid-probably toyota type 4. Goood luck. He said the filter really did not have that much debris or metal in it. Cleaning the filter also helped my friends 66 Lincoln.

It sounds mostly like your tranny fluid level is just too low, or the fluid isnt gettting where it needs to, so either fluid level or the pickup screen is plugged.

You mention RPM's; are you saying you're having to continually press the accelerator to prevent the engine from dying, or is the car not moving even with the engine being revved? After the minute or so you mention, does it then run normally, or is there still excessive engine speed to get or keep the car moving? These trannies are tough as nails, and they aren't cheap, so be careful of your diagnosis - engine or transmission. If the engine runs fine but the car doesn't want to move, it may well be a transmission issue. If the engine doesn't want to run, that's another issue.

Thanks alot. i will try it. someone told me that it might be the filter so i will try it and use better tranny fluid.