I'm getting very poor milage in city driving 18.8 and overall 23.5 ... my setting are normal mode not sport. 

Lexus says  27/28  in promos

Hello, Bob.

How many miles are on your odometer? Typically, mileage goes up after the first 1000-2000 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

That's better but still well below 27/28 as advertised  by Lexus.

I'm going to reset and see where I'm at ... I've got 3600 on the car.

I'm not a slow driver and my trips are all urban and short distances.

Will keep you posted!

Break in MIGHT change your gas mileage by 1 or 2 mpg, it won't change it 5 or more.

All city driving and an aggressive driving style you are NOT going to get the posted mileage. The skinny pedal rules. Lots of stop and go with quick leaving of the stop light gets poor mileage. Just by adjusting my driving style I can go from 15 MPG city to 22 on the exact same routes. I live with the 15 mpg because I don't enjoy driving like Grandpa. Same applies to highway driving, can go from 24 to 33 depending on how much Ricky Road Race I play.

7.2L/100 is 32.7mpg. Driving very conservatively in the mountains due to heavy traffic and no room to pass. 4.3 litre V8 in GS430. Same stretch of road I have got as low as 12l/100 or 19 mpg. Hand calculated is usually within 3 or 4% of the readout.

image.thumb.jpeg.05708732e9212e689b4515ac707a6759.jpeg

Point taken grandpa ... but I'm not aggressive just like to have pickup and realistic milage estimates ... The 500h F SPORT is marketed as a performance vehicle ... a Tesla Model Y is 4.4 0-60  is what you competing with. I've become a big fan of Hybrids and want them to perform and provide the economy to put EVs in the rear view mirror!

Further note ...   On a recent road trip on 2 lane roads where traffic was at times heavy and weather a factor which always slow things down... I'm thinking average speed below 60, I got 23 MPG, 20% below the advertised MPG! Using premium fuel  ... and cruise when I can.

Bobfab, I believe that the fact that we both live in colder climates might negatively impact our winter mpg. This might be due to the semi hybrid nature of the drivetrain.   I am curious to know if the e-assist from the batteries is diminished due to the cold as well, like a typical EV? 

Toynut - I was wondering the same thing ... my road trip was in Sept while the weather

was still mild. My car is garage kept and probably liked you had one real cold snap.

I think the biggest factor here may be the EPA estimates which have long been 

a problem in reflecting real world driving.

Thanks for the input  

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, bobfab said:

Point taken grandpa ... but I'm not aggressive just like to have pickup and realistic milage estimates ... The 500h F SPORT is marketed as a performance vehicle ... a Tesla Model Y is 4.4 0-60  is what you competing with. I've become a big fan of Hybrids and want them to perform and provide the economy to put EVs in the rear view mirror!

Further note ...   On a recent road trip on 2 lane roads where traffic was at times heavy and weather a factor which always slow things down... I'm thinking average speed below 60, I got 23 MPG, 20% below the advertised MPG! Using premium fuel  ... and cruise when I can.

I am only getting 21.5 to 22 miles per gallon in my 2024, RX 500 H Sport I contacted LEXUS  Inc. And ask them to consider compensating owners, for the lack of advertise mileage as Kia, and two other automotive manufactures did when they were off by 3 miles MPG. I am off by six MPG, saying that compensation, and changing the advertise mileage would be the correct thing. They were not interested is there any litigation in this regard that anyone knows about, Lexus should do the right thing.

I've changed to ECO mode and I'm now getting 20.9 

I'm sure Lexus will take the position that these are EPA estimates not their's  and driving conditions will vary milege ... thats the cop out