Purchasing Decisions For New Is

For a while, I've been planning to buy a Lexus as my new car, but the decision was hastened when my camry was totalled yesterday :-) (no injuries.)

Here are the decisions are grappling with, and would love to hear opinions on them:

- I generally like AWD for safety, but I would have to order them from outside my region since Lexus doesn't stock dealers with 250AWD in Northern California. Also, I'm very curious why they don't make the 350AWD... that's what I would choose if it existed. I'm trying to decide whether I should just go with the RWD and get the 350 since there are so many to choose from here (and probably would save me money.)

- Does the 250AWD lack power? (I haven't been able to test drive it... would testing a 250RWD be equivalent?)

- How do folks here like the bluetooth integration? Is it working well for them?

- In this economic downturn, any tips on getting the best deal? How much under invoice should I expect to get?

- Anything you veterans found out about your IS that you wish you would have known before buying it?

thanks!

Phil

Welcome to the LOC. I am also from the Bay Area, actually the same city as you. If you live in NorCal especially Bay area, there is probably little use for AWD since weather doesn't get too extreme here. As for the difference between the the 250 and 350, if you test drive both you will see that there is a notable difference in power and acceleration. In the end I chose the 350 as I did not want to buy the 250 and then end up wanting to upgrade to a 350 later on down the road (which I know I would have wanted). Blue tooth has worked well for me so far and I am glad I bought the car with that feature as I did not like using bluetooth headsets. I am sure all dealers in the Bay Area are willing to negotiate especially with the way things are with the economy, the tightening credit markets, the downturn in the housing market, and the plummeting stock market. I shopped at three different dealers: Serramonte Lexus, Stevens Creek Lexus, & Magnussen Lexus of Fremont. They all wanted my business and were willing to deal, but in the end I went with Magnussen as they were the only one that had my prefered color combo. You should be able to pick up a car at invoice price or below right now as sales are down and good qualified customers are hard to find. So far I am loving my car and have had no regrets.

I bought my car recently at the end of July of this year. If you have any more questions or want to know anything specific about my experience with the purchase, feel free to PM me. Good luck with the purchase and I am sure that no matter which model you get, you will love the car.

For a while, I've been planning to buy a Lexus as my new car, but the decision was hastened when my camry was totalled yesterday :-) (no injuries.)

Here are the decisions are grappling with, and would love to hear opinions on them:

- I generally like AWD for safety, but I would have to order them from outside my region since Lexus doesn't stock dealers with 250AWD in Northern California. Also, I'm very curious why they don't make the 350AWD... that's what I would choose if it existed. I'm trying to decide whether I should just go with the RWD and get the 350 since there are so many to choose from here (and probably would save me money.)

- Does the 250AWD lack power? (I haven't been able to test drive it... would testing a 250RWD be equivalent?)

- How do folks here like the bluetooth integration? Is it working well for them?

- In this economic downturn, any tips on getting the best deal? How much under invoice should I expect to get?

- Anything you veterans found out about your IS that you wish you would have known before buying it?

thanks!

Phil

I agree with HSK. But here are my 2 cents. I also went with the 350, having tested all 3 models. The 250RWD and AWD isn't a lot of difference, and it isn't necessarily safer. You should definately testdrive both models. I personally like the 350 for the better power, but my gf went with the 250 for the right package and the lower price. You can definately get any remaining 08's for lower then invoice and the new 09's for under MSRP. I purchased my 350 at Pleasanton Lexus, and I would definately recommend visiting them for comparison.

Hey everyone first post here I would apriciate some help :) I'm trying to get an IS350 mind set on 08/09 (is their any changes?) I want this car for a LONG time so should i even consider an 06/07?

I live in freedom/watsonville california i woud like Black Silver or white and i have no idea how much they go for? 08/09

Do they come stock with HID ? i saw alot of "upgrades" on lexus webpage kind of confusing :(

it will be on payments im assuming my credit is over 600 and i can do easily $700 payments please give comments :D should i start a new thread?

Hey everyone first post here I would apriciate some help :) I'm trying to get an IS350 mind set on 08/09 (is their any changes?) I want this car for a LONG time so should i even consider an 06/07?

I live in freedom/watsonville california i woud like Black Silver or white and i have no idea how much they go for? 08/09

Do they come stock with HID ? i saw alot of "upgrades" on lexus webpage kind of confusing :(

it will be on payments im assuming my credit is over 600 and i can do easily $700 payments please give comments :D should i start a new thread?

You'll find some answers here.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=51296

Thank you for the link but rather i should say if you or someone can kindly say how much i should expect a 2008 or 2009 IS 350 ? i want black or white with leather ( is their 2 diffrent leather options??) and HID other then that i dont want anything else.

black on black or black/white/silver and whatever interior plus hid. im in the freedom / watsonville area in california zipcode 95019.

How are the dealers negociating? should i be negociating from 31k invoice and down or what?

Thank you!

You'll find some answers here.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=51296