Drive Belt Noise

LEXMAN08

Hello this is my first post so please bare with me. I have a 2003 Lexus GS300 sport edition and I have been having one problem after another.

My drive belt is making a loud squeeling noise. I have checked the belt tensioner and it seems ok. I usually go to work early and seems like the noise would start in the mornings when there is dew on the car but now the noise starts at any time. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Hello this is my first post so please bare with me. I have a 2003 Lexus GS300 sport edition and I have been having one problem after another.

My drive belt is making a loud squeeling noise. I have checked the belt tensioner and it seems ok. I usually go to work early and seems like the noise would start in the mornings when there is dew on the car but now the noise starts at any time. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I think you have to replace the drive belt...It happen to me before. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Lex- don't know anything about a GS, but does that have 1 serpentine belt or 2 belts like the RX's? That is a lot of money for a belt. Do you have any mechanical ability at all? Any tools? A belt replacement is about the easiest thing you can do on a car and they are probably charging you over a $100. to change it plus the belt. How did you check the belt tension? Lexus belts don't GENERALLY squeal if they are tensioned properly. DO NOT use anything but original Toyota belts on a Lexus! Yes, they say Toyota on them, not Lexus. Let us know the answer to these questions and we will try to help you from there. I speak from experience when I say only use orig. eq.