Water In Fuel?

grash

For the past few weeks my car stalls after driving 3 miles, sometimes it sputter lose power and die it only happens after it rains. The car will stall out when I slow down to make a turn it starts back up with the check engine light on. When I shut the car off and start again the CEL goes off the car did it again yesterday I had the code ran comes back EGR Insufficient Flow. I'm thinking water gets in my gas tank this only happens when it rains. I've had the EGR code all this year I replace everything that has to do with the EGR should I buy another EGR? I feel a lost of power also

If you suspect water gets into the tank, you need to locate the leak or crack. Otherwise, water will just keep going to the tank.

If you put in a bottle of isopropylene or water remover from fuel and problem didn't come back, you are probably ok. Gasoline does absorb water and the water builds up in the tank over time. Eventually leads to fuel line freeze during the winter.

isopropylene should remove the water... so does seafoam... I'm not sure how the EGR is in your car but I've had codes for a bad EGR in another car of mine. I blasted a can or two of throttle body cleaner through the ports that lead to the EGR Valve because apparently it was all gunked up from carbon build up... it smoked as if though I did a seafoam treatment but a few minutes of intense smoke and it ran great.