Battery Terminal... How In The World Do I Get Them Off?

Dgoude

Can someone tell me the best way to get the wires out of the battery terminal? The factory has them stuck so hard I can't figure out what to get in there to pry the teeth loose.

Also, I got this type of terminal http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....396&PTSet=A for my batter and I'm not 100% positive where I put both of the wires from the positive side. There is one wire that goes into the part that you clamp down on, but on the original terminal, there is another wire that goes on top. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone tell me the best way to get the wires out of the battery terminal? The factory has them stuck so hard I can't figure out what to get in there to pry the teeth loose.

Also, I got this type of terminal http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....396&PTSet=A for my batter and I'm not 100% positive where I put both of the wires from the positive side. There is one wire that goes into the part that you clamp down on, but on the original terminal, there is another wire that goes on top. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just cut the wires off the old terminals. As far as the second wire for the positive termianl, use a crimp on terminal and hook it to one of the two clamp bolts. I would recomend soldering the terminal to insure that you have a good connection.

I would just cut the wires off the old terminals. As far as the second wire for the positive termianl, use a crimp on terminal and hook it to one of the two clamp bolts. I would recomend soldering the terminal to insure that you have a good connection.

Thanks... that's what I did and it worked out. There was one snag though and it was that the positive side cable, once cut, wasn't long enough to reach the terminal that I purchased. So I went to Auto Zone and got a cable extender and attached it and all was fine. No more "no starts" for me!

Thanks for your help!