Re-alignment Cost At Dealerships

thundercloud08

I have a 2005 RX300 AWD and the alignment is off, when the wheel is straight, the car veers to the left, and when i let go of the wheel the car goes right. I am going to take it into the dealership for an aligment adjustment. I recently got a quote at $100 from the dealership I bought if from, which to me seems like a good deal. Has anybody out there had this done recently and if so, what did you pay for it? I want to get a nice median cost..

thanks,

Sheesh, we can get that through Les Schwab tires for nearly half that cost, and they are a premier tire/alignment/brakes/etc. shop here in the PNW. $100 seems pricey, but maybe things are a bit more expensive the further East one goes?

I have a 2005 RX300 AWD and the alignment is off, when the wheel is straight, the car veers to the left, and when i let go of the wheel the car goes right. I am going to take it into the dealership for an aligment adjustment. I recently got a quote at $100 from the dealership I bought if from, which to me seems like a good deal. Has anybody out there had this done recently and if so, what did you pay for it? I want to get a nice median cost..

thanks,

Two things you need to do before you take it to have the front end aligned. 1st. is make sure the tire pressure is at what manufacturer calls for (should be on the left door post). Next, switch your R&L front tires.(R to L and L to R) to see if that changes the pull to the opposite side or otherwise changes it. If it does, it is more likely tire pull (radial pull). I spent 30+ yrs. in body and in the coarse of that did front end alignment also. I am not certain but I don't believe the RX has caster or camber adjustments on the struts, front or rear- only toe in or toe out. I have done many cars that I knew the alignment was dead on and because I always took a test ride after alignment, I knew if I had a pull it had to be radial pull. I would switch tires until I got rid of the pull. Tires don't have a lot of problem with radial pull now like they used to but they can still have it. It's a problem with the construction of the tire and they CAN develop it when they didn't originally have it.