2004 Ls430 Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

mjgtex

Radar unit in front bumper was hit by piece of truck tire, that disabled the cruise control function. My dealers has quoted about $2300 to repair. Says that it may only be the bracket that is bent but entire unit should be replaced, cause once bracket is bent it can never be realigned properly. Does anyone know if cruise can be operated with radar disabled and if that quote is in the ball park. I suppose there are not that many repair option in Houston but a dealer. Thanks

• Like 1

I found these instructions on ClubLexus: "When you are driving, turn on the cruise control. It will probably say something about the radar. Before setting it, push the cruise control lever forward and hold it for a few seconds. The radar will go off. Then just push down to set your speed."

You might want to check your owners manual to confirm this.

I found these instructions on ClubLexus: "When you are driving, turn on the cruise control. It will probably say something about the radar. Before setting it, push the cruise control lever forward and hold it for a few seconds. The radar will go off. Then just push down to set your speed."

You might want to check your owners manual to confirm this.

Thanks for the reply. Did some checking when I got home and found that you can disable radar cruise upon initial start up and use manual cruise by changing cruise mode. Must be done on initial startup, once car in gear and moving and you try to set cruise, get cruise control warning light. I guess I can live with this until I win the lottery..

Radar unit in front bumper was hit by piece of truck tire, that disabled the cruise control function. My dealers has quoted about $2300 to repair. Says that it may only be the bracket that is bent but entire unit should be replaced, cause once bracket is bent it can never be realigned properly. Does anyone know if cruise can be operated with radar disabled and if that quote is in the ball park. I suppose there are not that many repair option in Houston but a dealer. Thanks

You might be able to get you auto insurance to pay for this if the comprehensive part of the policy covers it.