Car Has A Swaying Feel To It, And A Clunk.

My 1992 Lexus SC400 has a sway feel to it when going over bridges and different dips in the road. It feels like the back end is swaying. I have read post after post about the lower control bushings maybe be bad, or even the struts. Can it be the sway bar links? Dont want to replace things that dont need to be replaced. Lastly, theres a hard clunk in the left rear side of the car going over dips in the road. I noticed this morning that the right side sounds like its doing the same thing now. I changed the left upper strut mount with a new one and its still clunking. Is there a proper way to check this in my garage? Want it fixed... Dont like this feeling or noise anymore. Any advice? :angry:

Get that car on a lift or stands and check your control arm bushings.

If they are bad, they can lead you in the wrong direction....literally.

It's a safety hazard. Not as bad in the rear, but still a hazard as you have already experienced.

To answer everyones questions, I will get it checked tomorrow and see what gives, especially the control arm bushings. The types bridges I go over is just simple concrete ones that are paved. It feels like the car is swaying and its not too stable to me. Its kinda scary feeling sometime. The right tires I noticed yesterday, are wearing on the inside and a little on the outside, but not he left side, just the right side. The tires have been roated and blanced every 5K. It may need alignment, but I think its something more than just an alignment issue. I also have paid more attention to the rear part of the car, and it appears that the rear tires are going in toward the top more than the front. I know that my BMW is like this for better handling purposes, for the negative camber. Is this SC the same way? Or is it possibly struts and mounts going bad?