Need Help Bluetooth Problem

• 4 weeks later...

yesturday all the sudden bluetooth stop working the other person can here me but i CAN'T HEAR THEM!!!

and the mute was not ON anybody with same problem it will be a BIG HELP THANKS

I have had a few small issues with the Bluetooth connection. What I did to "fix" it, was to the delete the registration on the Lexus and start from scratch. This re-established a new link to the car from the phone.

See if that helps!

Good Luck.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...
yesturday all the sudden bluetooth stop working the other person can here me but i CAN'T HEAR THEM!!!

This happens to me more frequently than I would like. The bluetooth connects properly as per the message on the LCD, the phone call connects, but I am unable to hear anything from the party I called. When possible I turn off the car and restart. Sometimes, reestablishing a new connection will solve the problem but not always. Its frustrating but have been unable to determine the cause. I am using a Blackerry curve. Not sure what phone you are using but I dont think its a particular phone issue. It appears to be a bluetooth issue.

• 8 months later...

This happens to me more frequently than I would like. The bluetooth connects properly as per the message on the LCD, the phone call connects, but I am unable to hear anything from the party I called. When possible I turn off the car and restart. Sometimes, reestablishing a new connection will solve the problem but not always. Its frustrating but have been unable to determine the cause. I am using a Blackerry curve. Not sure what phone you are using but I dont think its a particular phone issue. It appears to be a bluetooth issue.

2006 GS300 - 53K miles. Just happened to me today. Deleted the phone from the touch screen control. Re-linked the phone to car and.. nothing, zip. Using a Sprint Lotus cell phone.

My problem is tha the bluetooth seems to become UNDONE..that is without warning,the phone rings, I answer it and the caller nor I can hear anything....I have to then unpair my phone and the redo the the pairing from scratch. It drops for no apparent reason...AND, more frustrating, is that I have no advance warning that is became unpaired!

Can you suggest a solution? AND, btw, it only just started...nothing has changed...no new phone...no new car...no other users...

thanks

JJ

My problem is tha the bluetooth seems to become UNDONE..that is without warning,the phone rings, I answer it and the caller nor I can hear anything....I have to then unpair my phone and the redo the the pairing from scratch. It drops for no apparent reason...AND, more frustrating, is that I have no advance warning that is became unpaired!

Can you suggest a solution? AND, btw, it only just started...nothing has changed...no new phone...no new car...no other users...

Try other phones to see if they also lose the Bluetooth connection. Blame the Lexus Bluetooth system only when you find that other phones consistently lose the connection.

eBay is a good place to buy extra handsets -- just be sure that they are unlocked or that they work with your phone service provider.

Thanks for the quik reply unfortunately I have only 1 so cannot do as you suggested! I have had this phone since April..so, 90 days, or so, not a problem. I will do as a previous suggested and undo, redo again...

any other ideas would be appreciated

thanks

JJ

Thanks for the quik reply unfortunately I have only 1 so cannot do as you suggested! I have had this phone since April..so, 90 days, or so, not a problem. I will do as a previous suggested and undo, redo again...

any other ideas would be appreciated

thanks

JJ

Well, if you still have a problem after the "redo" ... have a friend/spouse/significant other/neighbor pair his/her compatible phone (verify capatibility on the Lexus corporate website) and see if his/her phone works with your Lexus Bluetooth. Buy an extra Bluetooth phone or three at a garage sale, fea market or eBay. Ask your friends or relatives if they have extra Bluetooth phones they can give or loan to you to test your Lexus Bluetooth system. Generally all you have to do to switch phones is to remove the SIM card from your phone and slide it into another phone -- usually takes less than a minute although you might have to make a few settings changes on the new phone. It's not brain surgery and it's easy to put the SIM card back into your old phone.

A phone can certainly develop problems in far less than 90 days.