Help W/ Ps Pump + Alternator Replacement

Psicks

I just had the alternator in my '94 SC400 go due to a leaky power steering pump and I am currently trying to price out the parts to complete the repair currently I plan on buying a new Alternator, PS Pump & New Belt but I was wondering if I need to replace the pully's on these units or if they come with new ones on them? and with the PS pump do I need to replace the resovoir or any hoses? This should be a fun first fix for my SC lol.

I just had the alternator in my '94 SC400 go due to a leaky power steering pump and I am currently trying to price out the parts to complete the repair currently I plan on buying a new Alternator, PS Pump & New Belt but I was wondering if I need to replace the pully's on these units or if they come with new ones on them? and with the PS pump do I need to replace the resovoir or any hoses? This should be a fun first fix for my SC lol.

When I swapped in my new rebuilt alternator, it came with a pulley. If yours does not, use an impact wrench to rattle off the nut and swap in your old pulley. There is only one serpentine belt, it's a good time to inspect/replace.

Welcome and good luck

Just picked up my new Alternator ($423.00 -$75.00 Core charge) and Power steering pump ($381.73 -$75.00 Core charge) along with a new Serpentine belt ($94.26) for a Grand total of $748.99 after returning the cores, also to anwser my own earlier question neither of these parts came with an attached pully and the P/S pump does not come with a resovoir.'

I plan to start this project Sun/Mon so I will be posting my experience once I am done, I plan on using the instructions below unless someone has links to better How too.

http://www.lextreme.com/alternator.html

http://www.planetsoarer.com/Power%20steering%20pump.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Well I completed this project this morning took me from 11am - 3:45pm and it went rather smoothly, those guides were awesome! The only problem I had with anything was taking the pullys off which wasent hard once I grabbed the impact (good tip Dave) but for someone who does not have an impact that might have been a problem; also I could have done this alot quicker but my garage is a mess (next project) and I ended up spending alot of time cleaning up the huge mess the PS pump leak made all over the bottom of my engine. GL to anyone else who has to do this job in the future.

Now I get to drive over to Lexus and pickup a Shim kit and Hardware to fix the brake squeel I am getting after my new pad install.